Your surgeon’s certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery means that:
- You have found a “board-certified facial plastic surgeon”…
- Your surgeon has met the rigorous standards of the ABFPRS…
The ABFPRS Credential signifies that your surgeon:
- Has completed an approved residency after medical school in one of the two surgical specialties focusing on facial plastic surgery (otolaryngology-head and neck surgery or plastic surgery);
- Is double boarded, having earned prior certification in one of those specialties through the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada;
- Has successfully completed a two-day examination;
- Has submitted for peer-review an acceptable record of at least two years’ clinical experience, including operative reports of a minimum 100 facial plastic surgeries;
- Operates in an accredited facility; and
- Holds proper licensure and subscribes to the ABFPRS Code of ethics.
Verification of Certification
To verify your surgeon’s ABFPRS certification, contact the Board office.
ABFPRS 115C South St. Asaph Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 549-3223
Fax: (703) 549-3357