Understand Chin liposuction:
Submental Lipectomy is surgery beneath the chin to improve a “double” chin. In this procedure excess fat is removed. Recovery time is approximately one week to 10 days. It is common for liposuction to be performed with a Rhinoplasty or Facelift surgery to enhance basic facial balance and harmony.
After initial consultation with Dr. Bakala, you and the surgeon will decide on the procedure best for you based on your facial structure, skin texture, skin elasticity, overall health and goals. Dr. Bakala will discuss with you which procedure may be best to achieve your goals.
Being a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as a Board Certified surgeon in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery in Canada and the USA, he has the expertise to assess and provide you the information you need to make an informed and realistic decision.
Dr. Bakala does all his cosmetic surgery in a private, discrete, fully ACCREDITED operating suite. The procedures may be performed under full general anesthesia or “twilight anesthesia” under the care of Board Certified Anesthesiologists. This provides the patient with the utmost in privacy and quality medical care.
POST OPERATIVE ADVICE AND RESTRICTONS FOR PATIENTS WHO HAVE RECEIVED GENERAL ANEASTHESIA OR INTRAVENOUS SEDATION.
To be read carefully by patient, parent, and/or guardian.
Following general aneasthesia or intravenous sedation, 24 to 36 hours are required for the full effects of the drugs to wear off. During this period, it is essential that you follow these instructions:
1. On leaving the office, you must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who may either drive you home or accompany you home in a taxi. They must stay with you over night.
2. On arrival home, it is common to feel sleepy. You are advised to rest quietly at home for the balance of the day. Sleep in a semi up right position.
3. You are advised to lie flat if you feel dizzy or light headed.
4. You are encouraged to drink lots of non-citric juice or non – diet soft drinks for the first 4-6 hours. Light meals are recommended following your operation (i.e. soup, jellos, and ice cream). Milk is to be avoided for at least 24 hours.
5. Avoid alcohol in any form for 48 hours.
6. Avoid any drugs, which may affect the nervous system for 24 hours.(verify with doctor)
7. You MUST NOT operate motor vehicles, boats, power tools or machinery for 24 hours.
8. You must not operate an aircraft for a least four days following general aneasthesia.
9. You must not sign or enter into a legal contract for 24 hours.
10. You may experience some muscular aches in your back or neck area. As well, you may develop a sore throat or stuffy nose following a general aneasthetic. These symptoms are not serious and will disappear in a short time.
11. You must have a responsible adult with the patient for the rest of the day and night. If you have any questions or problems regarding post-operative signs or symptoms, or any associated concerns please call our office, 250-868-8056 or alternate provided. If this was surgery performed at KGH please call the ENT surgeon on call.
12. If unable to reach the surgeon and it is an emergency please go to the emergency department at KGH.
This information is intended for surgical Patients of Dr. C. Bakala.