Injection Snoreplasty is a newly introduced non-surgical procedure to correct snoring due to the flutter of the soft palate. With Injection Snoreplasty, the soft palate (the soft tissue in the roof of the mouth ) is injected with a suitable material to create stiffening of the soft palate. Snoring is reduced by minimizing the flutter or vibration of the soft palate.
Post-operative advice and restrictions for patients who have received general anesthesia or intravenous sedation.
To be read carefully by patient, parent, and/or guardian.
Following general anesthesia or intravenous sedation, 24 to 36 hours are required for the full effects of the drugs to wear off. During this period, it is essential that you follow these instructions:
- On leaving the office, you must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who may either drive you home or accompany you home in a taxi. They must stay with you overnight.
- On arrival home, it is common to feel sleepy. You are advised to rest quietly at home for the balance of the day. Sleep in a semi upright position.
- You are advised to lie flat if you feel dizzy or lightheaded.
- You are encouraged to drink lots of non-citric juice or non–diet soft drinks for the first 4-6 hours. Light meals are recommended following your operation (i.e. soup, jellos, and ice cream). Milk is to be avoided for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol in any form for 48 hours.
- Avoid any drugs, which may affect the nervous system for 24 hours.(verify with doctor)
- You MUST NOT operate motor vehicles, boats, power tools or machinery for 24 hours.
- You must not operate an aircraft for a least four days following general anesthesia.
- You must not sign or enter into a legal contract for 24 hours.
- You may experience some muscular aches in your back or neck area. As well, you may develop a sore throat or stuffy nose following a general anesthetic. These symptoms are not serious and will disappear in a short time.
- You must have a responsible adult with the patient for the rest of the day and night. If you have any questions or problems regarding post-operative signs or symptoms, or any associated concerns please call our office, 250-868-8056 or alternate provided. If this was surgery performed at KGH please call the ENT surgeon on call.
- If unable to reach the surgeon and it is an emergency please go to the emergency department at KGH.
This information is intended for surgical Patients of Dr. C. Bakala.