Procedures / Submental Lipectomy/Chin Liposuction
Submental Lipectomy/Chin Liposuction
Facial Liposuction Experts in Kelowna
Step into a new era of self-confidence with Dr. C.D. Bakala, M.D. FRCSC. With a highly skilled and compassionate professional team, we provide exceptional facial liposuction services dedicated to delivering remarkable results. Our surgeon, Dr. Bakala, will provide an initial consultation with you and decide on a suitable procedure based on your facial structure, skin texture, overall health and goals. Dr. Bakala will discuss with you which approach may be ideal for achieving your goals.
Being a Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as a Board-Certified surgeon in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery in Canada and the USA, he has the expertise to assess and provide you with the information you need to make an informed and realistic decision.
Dr. Bakala does all his cosmetic surgery in a private, discrete, fully ACCREDITED operating suite. The procedures may be performed under full general anesthesia or “twilight anesthesia” under the care of Board Certified Anesthesiologists. This provides the patient with the utmost privacy and quality medical care.
The submental lipectomy procedure refers to surgery beneath the chin to improve the look of a “double” chin. In this procedure, excess fat is removed. Recovery time is approximately one week to 10 days. It is common for liposuction to be performed with a Rhinoplasty or Facelift surgery to enhance basic facial balance and harmony.
If you have any questions regarding facial liposuction or submental lipectomy, contact our clinic in Kelowna.
What Is Facial Liposuction?
Facial liposuction is a cosmetic surgical procedure to remove excess fat from specific face areas. It is a targeted approach to sculpting the face and creating a more defined and balanced appearance.
A surgeon uses a thin, hollow cannula to carefully suction out unwanted fat deposits from the cheeks, chin, jawline, and neck during the procedure. This helps to contour and refine the facial features, enhancing the overall harmony of the face.
Facial liposuction can be performed as a standalone procedure or combined with other facial rejuvenation techniques, such as facelifts or neck lifts, to achieve more comprehensive results.
Benefits of a Facial Liposuction in Kelowna
Facial liposuction offers numerous benefits, such as:
- It effectively targets and removes excess fat deposits in areas like the cheeks, chin, jawline, and neck.
- It better defines the jawline, chin, and neck, resulting in a more attractive facial profile.
- Facial liposuction can reverse the ageing effect, restoring a more youthful and refreshed look.
- Compared to more invasive facial procedures, facial liposuction typically involves a quicker recovery period, allowing patients to return to their daily activities sooner.
- Facial liposuction allows for a customized approach, tailoring the procedure to address specific concerns and achieve personalized results.
Suitable Candidate for Facial Liposuction
If your concern about extra fat in specific areas of the face, such as the cheeks, chin, or neck, you may be a candidate for facial liposuction. Ideally, you should have good skin elasticity to ensure smooth results after fat removal. Reach out to our team to book a consultation. We will assess your unique facial structures and provide personalized recommendations.
Types of Facial Liposuction
There are several types of facial liposuction offered by Dr. Bakala, including:
- Neck liposuction: Ideal for patients with excess fat and a droopy appearance in the neck.
- Chin liposuction: This process focuses on the underside of the lower jaw, removing excess fat to create a seamless transition from the neck to the jawline.
- Cheek liposuction: This helps achieve more defined contours and a slimmer face.
Our Range of Services
Look at the extensive range of treatments offered at our clinic.
Post-operative advice and restrictions for patients who have received general anesthesia or intravenous sedation.
To be read carefully by the patient, parent, and/or guardian.
Following general anesthesia or intravenous sedation, 24 to 36 hours are required for the full effects of the drugs to wear off. During this period, you must follow these instructions:
- On leaving the office, you must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who may drive you home or accompany you in a taxi. They must stay with you overnight.
- On arrival home, it is common to feel sleepy. You are advised to rest quietly at home for the balance of the day. Sleep in a semi-upright position.
- You are advised to lie flat if you feel dizzy or lightheaded.
- You are encouraged to drink lots of non-citric juice or non–diet soft drinks for the first 4-6 hours. Light meals are recommended following your operation (i.e., soup, jellos, and ice cream). Milk is to be avoided for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol in any form for 48 hours.
- Avoid any drugs which may affect the nervous system for 24 hours. (Verify with doctor)
- You MUST NOT operate motor vehicles, boats, power tools, or machinery for 24 hours.
- You must not operate an aircraft for a least four days following general anesthesia.
- You must not sign or enter into a legal contract for 24 hours.
- You may experience some muscular aches in your back or neck area. You may also develop a sore throat or stuffy nose following a general anesthetic. These symptoms are not serious and will disappear in a short time.
- You must have a responsible adult with the patient for the rest of the day and night. If you have any questions or concerns regarding post-operative signs, or symptoms, please call our office at 250-868-8056 or alternate provided. If this was surgery performed at KGH, please call the ENT surgeon on call.
- If unable to reach the surgeon and it is an emergency, please go to the emergency department at KGH.
This information is intended for the surgical patients of Dr. C. Bakala.