Cosmetic Injectable Facial Fillers in Kelowna
Cosmetic injectable fillers are substances that are used by your physician to replace lost volume in certain areas of your face. They are not replacements or alternatives to Neurotoxins because they treat a different set of problems like deeper creases and folds that are not due to muscle activity. These fillers can result in substantial and fairly long-lasting cosmetic improvement when used appropriately by experienced providers like C.D. Bakala MD Inc.
Some fillers are better for fine lines, and some for deeper creases and increasing facial volume. Either one may require more than one treatment session for maximum positive results.
FDA-approved fillers are a constantly changing landscape. Still, some common cosmetic fillers in use today are:
- Hyaluronic Acids (Juvederm™, Revanesse™, and others), are composed of a gel-like substance found in our bodies between the cells. This substance is lost as we age so that one can consider this as replacement therapy. These cosmetic fillers are soft and used on the lips and other areas where a softer product is needed. They do not typically last as long as some of the other fillers.
- Hydroxyapatite microspheres (Radiesse™) is another naturally occurring compound with a more paste-like consistency in our body. It is used in areas where the thicker, firmer filler is needed, such as the deep folds along the sides of the mouth. Most studies have found it to last somewhat longer than hyaluronic acid products.
What Can Filler Injections Be Used For?
Dermal filler injections offer safe and long-lasting cosmetic improvements. They can be used in the face to:
- Plump up lips
- Smoothen brow furrows, crow’s feet, frown lines, and under the eyes
- Lift and enhance cheeks and cheekbones
- Smooth marionette lines, vertical lip lines, and chin wrinkles
- Soften the nasolabial folds
- Fill acne scars
- Improve the symmetry of facial features
Benefits Of Cosmetic Injectable Fillers
As we age, skin in some areas of the face and neck tends to sag and loosen, leading to folds, wrinkles, hollow temples, thinning lips, sunken eyes, and an older appearance. Injectable fillers are a surgery-free, affordable, and non-invasive solution with the following benefits:
- Restore youthful volume :
Cosmetic injectable fillers effectively replenish lost volume, combating the natural aging process by restoring elasticity and fullness to the skin.
- Seamless contour enhancement :
Achieve effortlessly natural results with improved facial contours. Injectable fillers can be used to enhance your features, providing a subtle yet impactful transformation.
- Scar correction :
Beyond addressing aging concerns, facial fillers are a versatile solution for correcting scars. Smooth out imperfections and achieve a flawless complexion.
- Instant results, minimal downtime :
Enjoy the convenience of instant results with minimal recovery time. Cosmetic injectable fillers ensure a swift and effective way to enhance your appearance without prolonged downtime.
- Non-surgical alternative :
Cosmetic injectable fillers provide a non-surgical alternative to traditional cosmetic procedures. Experience the benefits of facial rejuvenation without surgery.
Though most people will not be able to tell you have undergone a cosmetic treatment, you will look more well-rested, hydrated, and youthful to everyone you meet! Call us or book your consultation with us now!
Cosmetic Injectable Filler Treatments In Kelowna, British Columbia
We have been offering cosmetic treatments in Kelowna for over 25 years. Dr. Bakala does all of our filler injections. You can read what some of our patients are saying about their experience with us. If you are looking for filler treatments in Kelowna, contact us to book a consultation and discuss your options with Dr. Bakala today.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Consultation : Patientscan consult with C.D. Bakala MD Inc for a personalized assessment and treatment plan.
- Health considerations : Good overall health is essential, with no severe allergies or medical conditions.
Facial fillers are suitable for individuals with diverse skin types, ranging from dry to oily skin.
If you are considering facial fillers, reach out to us for more information.
Call Us For Effective & Natural-Looking Results
You can count on the cosmetic experts at C.D. Bakala MD Inc in Kelowna to restore your youthful look with injectable fillers.
Frequently Asked Questions About Injectable Fillers
Here are some questions we are most commonly asked by our patients when it comes to injectable fillers:
Botox is injected directly into the muscle to freeze it, which causes a temporary reduction in wrinkles. Dermal fillers are different because they are injected into the skin to smooth out and fill wrinkles and restore volume. While both are safe, fillers made of hyaluronic acid are slightly safer as they are less likely to cause allergic reactions since we already have them in our bodies.
Fillers usually last anywhere between 6 to 18 months, depending on the area of the injection, and how fast your body metabolizes the hyaluronic acid. Dermal injections can temporarily boost collagen production and help to keep skin looking great even after they have worn off.
While everyone’s pain threshold varies, our skilled professionals use techniques to minimize discomfort during facial filler procedures. Topical anesthetics or local freezing further enhance the experience. Most patients report only mild sensations.
Though they are considered very safe in general, redness, swelling, bruising, itching, and tenderness are some common side effects, which are typically mild and go away within 1-7 days.
If used in the appropriate amount and in the right location, the result can be a beautiful, natural, and youthful look.
You can head over to our FAQs section for answers to some more general questions about cosmetic treatments and our procedures. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you’d like to address any specific concerns.