Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is an anti-ageing procedure that utilizes a needle-covered device to create micro punctures, which cause the skin to produce new collagen. After several treatments, your skin will be noticeably smoother, brighter, and younger looking.
Cosmopen is a fractional microneedling device with fine microneedles that have been shown to increase the remolding of the skin by creating thousands of microscopic channels through the skin to increase the formation of new tissue by activating the body’s wound healing cascade (hemostasis-inflammation-proliferation-tissue remodeling). It is also referred to as a non-ablative skin treatment. This means that the deeper parts of the skin are treated without removing the top layer of the skin. It is designed to treat various skin conditions such as fine lines and wrinkles, light scarring from acne and photodamage, and improve skin colour and other skin texture changes.
The Principle Behind Microneedling
COSMOPen microneedling is a form of Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). The idea behind CIT is similar to that of many other non-surgical skin-tightening procedures in that it aims to create a controlled Non-Thermal injury underneath the skin’s surface, thereby inducing the body to respond through the formation of new tissue layers of elastin- and collagen fibers (neo- neo-collagenesis) as well as new capillaries for an improved blood supply (neo-angiogenesis) in the treated area. The skin plumps and thickens in response to this stimulus, ultimately reducing the appearance of scars, and fine lines and other skin texture changes.
The Cosmopen advantage over Dermarollers is that the Cosmopen microneedling system up and down movements prevents excessive trauma. This system has a disposable pinhead, so there is no risk of cross-infection. Furthermore, the small tip helps treat hard-to-reach areas with accurate and consistent speed and depth.
View before and after images.
Click here to download brochure!
The Treatment Procedure
Microneedling, despite its name, is one of the safest skin treatments. The procedure can take up to an hour, depending on the region treated and the severity of the concern.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- No lotions, cosmetics, or other skin products are used in the treatment area on the day of the procedure.
- Your skincare professional will apply numbing cream to the treatment area to ensure your comfort.
- A special needling device punctures the skin in a precise pattern.
- Each micro-wound created by the fine needles stimulates skin cell renewal.
- The process can take up to an hour, depending on the issue being addressed.
The treatment has several benefits, including:
- Suitable for thin and sensitive skin
- Hyperpigmentation and scarring risk reduced
- Requires no peeling or laser resurfacing and can be done under the eye area
- Unlike ablative laser resurfacing, the epidermis is left intact.
- Quick recovery after the procedure
- Unlike other resurfacing procedures, there is no visible boundary between treated and untreated skin.
After the procedure, minor irritation, redness, and skin peeling are common. These adverse effects subside within a week, and you will see noticeable improvements in your skin. Our staff is always looking for new and better anti-ageing treatments to offer our clients.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about microneedling:
Why Choose Us for Microneedling Treatment in Kelowna?
Our medical integrity, years in the industry, and specialized expertise allow us to offer safe and effective microneedling treatments in Kelowna. To provide you with the best possible service, materials, and treatment, our team is highly-trained and experienced. Call us to learn more.
Effective Microneedling Procedures in Kelowna
Consult our skincare specialists to get started on your microneedling treatment.